Radar system for measuring projectile muzzle velocity (Muzzle Velocity radar system-MVRS) is primarily intended for precision measuring the velocity of self-propelled weapon projectiles 155 mm NОRА B52, 122 mm SOKO, but it can be applied to other self-propelled or towed artillery weapons integrated in the weapon or on a tripod.
- The velocity is calculated by applying the digital signal processing. The muzzle velocity of all types of calibers and ammunition is measured in the range from 150 to 1500 m/s.
Main technical characteristics
- MVRS acquires, tracks, and measures the projectile velocities within the range from 150 to 1500 m/s which enables a precise (in accordance with the defined tolerances) identification of the projectile muzzle velocity.
- The stated range is applicable under the following conditions: one target observation, detection probability Pd =0.9, false alarm probability Pla = 10Е-6, atmosphere, with appropriately adjusted triggering threshold, without precipitation, standard deflection from the surface and without signal interference. In case of precipitation of 4 mm/h, the said range is reduced by 25%.
- MVRS operates in automatic mode which means that there is no additional load on the operators after the activation of the system.
- The possibility of measuring with a cadence of max 20 projectiles/min with on line display on the console. With off line processing one can accomplish fire in bursts with the speed of 1000projectiles/min, noting that the maximum duration of data acquisition is 15s.
- The possibility of memorizing data for up to 1000 different types of projectiles, charges, barrels, etc.
- The possibility of memorizing up to 1000 velocity measureing results,
- Complete autodiagnostics of the MVRS hardware during the system activation
- The possibility of operation in all meteorological conditions day and night
- Module principle and external mounting enable the integration in any weapon, tank, or combat vehicle, or its mounting onto a tripod.